RED LIGHT STEREO – DAYDREAMING
Big news from the Durban band scene is that Red Light Stereo’s debut music video, Daydreaming, has been playlisted by South African Music TV channel, MK. The iKind Media produced music video will be aired for the first time in South Africa on the MK show, Kraakvars, early next week.
Durban-based Red Light Stereo brings you an addictive, funky old-school influenced Rock with a new school twist. Catchy lyrics and harmonies infused with funky African bass lines and solid beats, result in the Red Light Stereo sound appealing to a full spectrum of listeners.
The Daydreaming music video takes a comedic look at each of the band members, consumed by every day boredom, “daydreaming” themselves into fantasy worlds where Astronauts, Superheros, Ballet Dancers and School Tennis Coaches roam free. Watch the music video left… and click the thumbnails below to enlarge a few behind the scenes “Making The Music Video” photos courtesy of band manager Erin Crous.
iKind Media wishes Dylan Rhodes (rhythm guitar and vocals), Gareth “G” Purchase (lead guitar and vocals), Lliam “Lucky” Scholtz (bass), Don Blom (drums) and Erin Crous (band manager) great success with the Daydreaming music video release.
Here are a few facts on Red Light Stereo FYI :
- Official winners of the ‘Be The Band At Boktown’ competition hosted by East Coast Radio, winning (by an outstanding 3000 votes) the rights to close the live “BokTV” show on DSTV’s SuperSport, which was broadcast to an international audience.
- Made the KFC Sessions Final at Hatfield Square, Pretoria.
- Won the KZN leg of the SABC Emerging Sounds Competition and competed in Johannesburg in the National Finals
- KZN leg winners of the RBF Emerging Sounds ‘Battle Of The Bands’ competition; beating out 16 other KZN bands. This competition has seen the likes of Seether, The Finkelstiens, Prime Circle participating. Red Light Stereo finished in the top 5 at the finals held in Johannesburg.
- Performed at numerous venues throughout South Africa with top South African artists including The Parlotones, Prime Circle, Just Jinjer, Plush, Jack Parow, Jesse Clegg and Jason Hartman.
- The bands debut EP “Edges of a Dream” features 6 of the band’s original songs and includes the singles “Daydreaming”, “Red Light” and “Nothing on your Own” all of which are receiving extensive playtime on national radio stations.
- Daydreaming made it to Number 2 on East Coast Radio’s Top 9@9 Chart. “Nothing on your Own” is also on East Coast Radio’s playlist.
- Daydreaming made it to Number 1 on Red Cap Radio’s SA Top 20 Chart. “Red Light” is also on Red Cap Radio’s playlist.
So the verdict is out; Red Light Stereo is guilty of taking the music scene hostage, and the only ransom they are demanding is that you have yourself an awesome time with them…
|iKind Media Production Team :||Red Light Stereo – Band Members :|
|Matt Nefdt (Director and Editor)||Dylan Rhodes (Rythm Guitar and Vocals)|
|Devin Carter (Director of Photography)||Gareth “G” Purchase (Lead Guitar and Vocals)|
|Shanelle Jewnarain (Make-Up Artist)||Lliam “Lucky” Scholtz (Bass)|
|Marcus Hebbelmann (Production Assistant)||Don Blom (Drums)|